What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery (CR) is a Christ-centered, biblically based program for individuals and their family members who are dealing with addictions, compulsions, past hurts, and potentially destructive behaviors; what we call life's hurts, habits and hang-ups.
What kinds of hurts, habits, hang-ups?
- Alcohol Abuse, Drug Abuse, Divorce, Fear, Anxiety
- Sexual Addiction, Perfectionism, Insecurity, Rejection
- Overspending, Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Hurtful Relationships
- Codependency, Lying/Cheating, Need to Control Gambling
- Overeating, Eating Disorders, Guilt, Depression, Grief, Overworking
The purpose of CR is to encourage people to embrace God’s healing power in their lives. This begins to happen as people admit in confidential groups their experiences, addictions, and frustrations. As they continue sharing together, people begin to experience God’s love and grace in finding solutions to their life’s problems, pain, shame and addictions.
Our recovery groups apply the 12-Step Program with 8 Biblical Principles in each session. As they work together in their groups, people discover through their openness and confessions that they can receive renewed peace, serenity, joy and most importantly a stronger personal relationship with God and their fellowman.
Members and non-members of our church are encouraged to attend. This is a program developed by Saddleback Church, whose Pastor, Rick Warren, also authored The Purpose Driven Life. CR is here to enhance, not replace, other 12-step and recovery programs.
Every Friday Night
CR meets every Friday night in FCBC's Sandiford Education Building (the two-story building/"Building A").
- 6:00-6:45 p.m. Dinner - A free dinner is provided by FCBC's LifeGroups (Due to COVID-19, we are NOT currently offering dinner. We will start at 7PM with large group)
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. Large Group - Time of Worship & teaching/testimony (Due to COVID-19, masks are required (over age 6) and social distancing)
- 8:00-9:00 p.m. Small Groups - Separate men's and women's groups sharing similar hurts, habits, & hang-ups
- 9:00-9:30 p.m. Celebration Cafe - Dessert, coffee, & fellowship
Childcare is available from 6:45-9:20 p.m. for all who attend the meeting (newborn through 5th grade).
There is no signup or registration for CR. If you're interested in attending, simply come. We'll see you Friday night.
Click the video below to listen to Hanna's battle with self-harm and depression. Hear how Celebrate Recovery changed her life.
“I was broken. I was desperate. I was longing for someone to love me for me… and I could never get it from a person… or anything that this world could offer. And I found it in Christ and He gave me everything.”
CR Serenity Prayer
GOD, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it;
Trusting that You will make all things right
If I surrender to Your will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You
Forever in the next.
Amen. (Reinhold Neibuhr-1926)
You heard Hanna's story above, but click below to listen to more of the victories that have taken place through Celebrate Recovery.
If you would like more information on Celebrate Recovery or if you have any questions, you can reach out to Greg Herrin at (904) 708-0017 or [email protected]. If you're interested in attending Celebrate Recovery, come. There is no signup or registration. Come as you are. We'll see you Friday night.